Girl Power 2 Cure, Inc. is a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to raising awareness and funds for treatments and a cure for Rett Syndrome, a devastating neurological disorder that almost exclusively affects girls.
We are committed to making Rett Syndrome the first reversible neurological disorder by harnessing the spirit of girls to support fellow girls who are suffering. We support girls in the planning and implementation of events that raise awareness and funds for Rett Syndrome research, as well as support Rett families with resources, fundraising help and awareness tools.
Our inspiration is our flower: always in bloom with hope and positive energy, ready to grow anywhere there is someone ready to join in our mission.
[read our Founder's Story]
Our Core Statement of Beliefs:
- We believe Rett Syndrome can be the first reversible neurological disorder.
- We believe that girls are powerful and positive community leaders and mentors.
- We believe in empowering Rett Syndrome families by supporting and encouraging their creative fundraising and awareness initiatives.
- We believe amidst the mass confusion going on within their central nervous systems, Rett Girls are smart, strong and waiting bravely for us to unlock the door to their recovery.
- We believe that finding a successful treatment for Rett Syndrome will pave the way to treatments of other neurological disorders such as: Autism, Alzheimer's, bipolar disorder and more.